Blow...

This is a piece commissioned for a certain firefighter down in Ariziona. Recently, he took to playing the bagpipes...
His wife asked me to do a piece about playing the bagpipes... and bagpipes are funny looking enough on their own. I didn't feel like I  needed to do a terribly realistic rendition of them. My work is more about how a thing feels when you're in the middle of it than how it really looks. So I decided to make the pipes part of the person.

It was only when i was done that I realized how much the piece looked like my favorite film comedian...

Doesn't Harpo  look like he's plying the bagpipes here?

Comments

  1. This is awesome on so many levels. Bagpipes are inherently cool. You really captured the Harpo expression. Did the firefighter ever work on bomb disposal? Because the little red electronics bits look like sticks of dynamite with the clock as the timer...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staff Infection!

A week with the kids...

The Only Goodbye