Worst Vacation Ever

Sometimes, I just go totally stream of consciousness at my workbench and I come up with things like this... My friend Carolyn had set me to work that week, trying to come up with things that were pink (you'll see them eventually). I blended up some hot pink clay, broke out my box of pre-broke jewelry and off i went. Did a dozen random designs around the color pink. The next day, i did purple, the day after,red, and finally blue!






So I blended the clay, then went to my pile o'stuff and found that thing on top of her head. It started life as a really inexpensive dangly earring. I had cut off the dangles and turned them into eyes (I'll post that eventually as well) and was left with that strange four circle prismy thing. When I turned it sideways , it looked sort of like a Mickey Mouse hat and then i could see the rest of the face... a parent who had spent too many hours wandering around somebody else's idea of a magic kingdom.


This piece is available in my Etsy store.

Comments

  1. I'm famous! Wow! Hehehe... I'm enjoying this piece-a-day thing, but it might bankrupt me at some point! xxooxxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try not to overwhelm you with opportunities here. I'm looking back while looking forward. Like tonight's piece...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staff Infection!

A week with the kids...

The Only Goodbye