The Smirky Universe!



Okay... so I missed posting yesterday (note to myself: Surprise! This is hard work!) So here's a twofer from the Armadillo Christmas Bazaar!


That big piece in the center was  a big departure for me. For one thing, it's much larger than most stuff I do. It's built on the bottom side of a recycled backyard barbecue grill. It's also more of a collage than a sculpture, filled with dozens of gems and buttons and sequins and weird found stuff, even a few old pins that I thought looked cool on it. I took a while to get it right. I kept pulling it apart and rebuilding it until I was happy with it. It was about the joy of the moment of creation... just on a universal scale.












I called it "Big Bang" or "Center of the Universe" or something... I'm not sure anymore because once my friend Kristina saw it, she started calling it "The Smirky Universe".












And that kind of stuck with me. It must have stuck with her, too. She came back on Christmas eve and took it home!

Thanks, Kristina!










Tonight's second piece is just about the craziest thing i did for this years 'Dillo.

The title... "Any Questions?"

Comments

  1. Big Bang/Smirky Universe is one of my VERY favorites! I'm happy for Kristina, and sad for me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Staff Infection!

A week with the kids...

Cleaning House!